12.17.2012

It's been quiet with Miss K :o)

We've been having a great past few weeks!  I hope I don't jinx it, *knock on wood*!

I really feel the Digoxin is working :o).

With the baby coming in just 7 weeks we decided we needed a trial run with Grandma and Grandpa to prepare them and Miss K for the 3-4 day stay at their house after the birth of the baby.  This very paranoid and nervous mama left her sweet baby girl in the hands of Grandma and Grandpa for a whole night this past weekend.  I admit, I ended up worrying and missing the kids a lot less than I thought I would!  The time with just Daddy and I was so quiet and badly needed.  But I did call Grandma just before bedtime to remind her to give Miss K her Propanolol and Digoxin and then I called again first thing in the morning to make sure she got them again.  That was my main concern was the medications being forgotten, of course I also worried a bit about an SVT episode but that worry wasn't too great since she's been doing so good lately.  Turns out both kids did wonderful with my parents :o).  We will have another sleep over in January for a second trial run, I'm hoping to have a Pulse Ox device by then, or at least by the time the baby comes, so that I won't worry so much.

Big Brother ended up getting sick this past weekend :o(.  Our first illness since early spring, I can't believe we've made it this long staying healthy and strong!  But now, just a week before Christmas, Big Brother is very congested, has a runny nose and a nasty inconsistent cough.  So far he has only been a bit warm, not really getting a temperature high enough to be considered a fever thank heavens!  I am working as hard as I can to keep Miss K from getting his cold.  But I do feel confident that as long as the cold doesn't come with a fever Miss K will do fine with it heart wise.  So now we wait and see, see if I can keep her healthy by some miracle, and see if Big Brother makes it through fever free, and then of course see if Miss K can make it through fever free if she does end up getting it.

Here's to hoping I won't be back posting anything negative for a long while yet!

Praying for a quiet and enjoyable Christmas for everyone :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment