4.26.2012

Eczema Update

Miss K's Pediatrician was able to see her early this afternoon amazingly.

Miss K did have Eczema on her chin and neck but the broken skin caused by it allowed bacteria to enter and turned it into a skin infection :o(.  She was prescribed an ointment called Mupirocin to be used until the rash is gone.  I was also instructed to buy some Hydrocortizone cream and put that on her 2-3 times a day.  I hope it works.  The Pediatrician didn't look too confident though, he told me to keep an eye on it and if it only stays the same or gets worse after 5-7 days to call him, he'll need to prescribe an oral medication to help clear it up.  I hope the ointment and cream work, I really don't want to be forcing an antibiotic into her, the heart medications are torture enough.

Today was day 4 of using the Good On Ya Treat cream on Miss K and as I was getting ready to rub her down with it tonight I noticed her Eczema is coming back on her back and shoulders so apparently this cream is a no go :o(.  Instead of trying one more night I opted to go right back to the Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Cream, I really don't want her to really break out all over again and have to start from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment