5.13.2012

Missed Dose...

Today, for the first time ever, I skipped a Propanolol dose :o(.  I feel like a horrible Mommy, I know it's because it's Mother's Day and my mind was more on myself and what I wanted to happen than on what needed to happen along with my plans...yes I believe I've been a bit selfish today and I don't feel bad about it except that I totally forgot to give Miss K her Propanolol this afternoon because I was in a hurry to get out the door following through with one of my plans to make my day awesome.  I remembered at 6:30 tonight when we got home from a beautiful canyon drive and I sat down to nurse her, that's when I always remember to give her medications because they're sitting right by the nursing chair.  It's considered a skipped dose because you cannot give doses closer than 6 hours and even though she doesn't take it every 8 hours on the dot anymore she's still supposed to take it at the same times every day...she takes it at 8:00am, 2:00pm and 9:30pm daily, this means at 6:30pm this evening we were only 3 hours from her usual final dose of the day :o(.  Yup, I feel like a horrible Mommy.

Now I'm going to stress for the next couple days about Miss K having break through SVT episodes, and I know if she has any it'll be because of the missed dose today, then I'll feel even more horrible :o(.

Though I do have to say I really don't think she'll have any issues missing this dose, it's only 1 she should be fine.  I am going to hope and pray that she really is fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment