Primary Children's Medical Center 9-1-11

This morning everyone has been trying to be really encouraging. They keep making it sound like we'll be released today. I'm not getting my hopes up, I refuse to be disappointed like yesterday. I haven't seen the Cardiology team yet today, it'll probably be a few more hours yet. My guess is they'll send us home tomorrow. Today's nurse told me they usually won't send SVT babies home until they have had absolutely no episodes for at least 48 hours, Miss K almost did that 2 days ago but now we're a little far from hitting that goal. I've been told they'll be sending Miss K home with a Holter Monitor. We'll find out how long she'll need to wear it when the team comes by.

Miss K is doing well, she's growing like a weed. Daddy hadn't seen her since Sunday when they came over yesterday for a visit. His first reaction was "is she getting fat?", lol! Yes, she is getting fat, she's gaining weight like crazy. As of Saturday she weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces, yesterday she weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces :o), I laughed because at 3 1/2 weeks old she's finally hit her big brother's birth weight, lol! She's definitely longer and she's much more alert for longer periods of time. It's fun to watch her just lay there and wiggle and look around exploring her world. It sucks that she has to do this in a hospital bassinet and not on a blanket on the floor. She hasn't gotten any tummy time in because it's nearly impossible here :o(. But we'll catch up when we get home :o).

Yesterday was nice, it ended up being better than I thought it would be. When I called Daddy to tell him we weren't coming home he immediately packed Roo up and drove down here to be with us.  It was a nuthouse in this room but I LOVED it :o). When they left it was instantly very, very quiet, I didn't like it. I can't wait to be home in the crazy noise again :o).

So I'm going to keep hoping the news is good today :o). I'm not even thinking about going home today but I have high hopes that we'll leave here tomorrow :o). It would be nice to be home before Labor Day weekend starts so that we get Daddy home for 4 days with us before getting back to our normal life :o).

More updates in a few...I can hear the Cardiology team outside our door talking so there will be more to report very soon...

Well, it's official! We're going home TODAY! The discharge order has been placed, her prescriptions are being filled, and my mom is on her way to sit with Roo at home while Daddy comes down to get us, so now I'm really just waiting for our ride :o).

I am VERY nervous though. The SVT scares me. I hope and pray she's done having episodes now and we're through with it. But I kind of feel like we may have to deal with a few episodes at home occasionally. I'm not scared of getting her out of it, that's been quite simple with blowing in her face or using ice. But I am scared to death of her going into SVT and me not knowing it :o(. I'm going to be very paranoid. The Cardiology team teased me and told me we just needed to spoil her and not let her get upset or cry, lol! They know that's not really possible but they thought it was funny getting to tell a parent to spoil her child. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I'm still going to worry. It's going to be very hard not to hold her constantly and keep her calm indefinitely!

Roo will be very happy to have Mommy home.

I almost can't believe it's finally time, the Intern said that they don't usually send kids home who are still going into SVT but they feel like if they keep her longer she'll end up living here :o(, I hate hearing that, it scares me that we may end up coming back. But I feel with all my being that we're going home for good, we're done with staying in this place :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment